SurveyPro can boost your speed by using the room templates.
We showed you how to create room templates in another article. In this one, we will tackle how to use them.
- Before you jump into the inventory section, make sure to add an origin and destination address.
- Head to the Inventory section and select Quick Add.
- Your origin and destination will be already selected. If you have more than one origin and destination address, then you can tap on the respective button to switch between addresses.
- Select the floor and mode of transport.
- Select the room template. When you select a room template, as you scroll through them, the items and boxes in the template will load and show on your screen.
- Pick a room template.
- You can adjust the quantity by changing the number on the right side of the item/box.
- You can add items to the template by tapping on "Select items". You can find this by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page.
- Once you type the name of the item, pull the screen up to see the recommendations. Tap on any of the recommended items or boxes to add to the template.
- Once you are done adjusting the template, you have 2 options.
- Next Room - Tapping this button will save the room template, adding it to your inventory. You will remain on the same page. Your room template will be gone (it's already added). Your origin, destination, floor, and mode of transport will remain selected. The only thing you have to do at this point is to select a new room template to add.
- Done - Tapping this button will save all your adjustments, adding all items and boxes to the inventory list. You will be prompt to the inventory page.
I want to change the information about one item, how do I do that? Let's say you need to specify that one item needs a crate, is damaged, is valuable or you just want to add a note to it. Add the template and once it's added, just go to the inventory page, tap on the item and adjust its details. Quick Add is intended to be faster to use. Not all the items in the room will require additional notes. This is why we prioritize adding items faster over adding details.
I want to change the information about more than one item, how do I do that? Let's say you need to specify that 2 or more items need a crate, are damaged or you want to add a note to them. Add the template and once they're added, go to the inventory page, select the items you need to modify (tick the empty box on the left side of the item) and tap the wrench icon (It's below the filter button). Here you can change the MOT, room, destination, crate, valuable and disassembly info. Volume can't be adjusted this way, you have selected many items at this point.
Why I can't see the room templates? SurveyPro will show you the room templates that were available when you created the move. If you created the move while your device was offline then you will not be able to see room templates. You can use Advanced Add to add items. If you created the file at 3 PM and you were online, then you will see the room templates available at 3 PM. If any other room template is added at 3:15 PM, these newer templates will not be available. If you created the move while the device was online, and then go offline, SurveyPro will still offer you the room templates. If you received a move through the Cloud, then you will receive the room templates available at the time the survey was assigned to your device.
How do I know which rooms have I added? While in Quick Add, tap on the room bar to select other rooms. The rooms at the top are the room that you have already added, these rooms look like this "Bedroom". You can select any of those rooms to adjust the quantity or items in the template. You can recognize which rooms are new by looking at its name, "+ Bedroom" is a new room. If you select it, you will be adding a new room. The difference is that new rooms have the + icon on the left side of the name, while added rooms do not have the icon.